Makalu Camp 5000m
21 Days Trek
Trek Barun Valley+Makalu Base Camp
The trek to the base camp of Malaku (8475m) 5th highest peak in the world is a beautiful hike through a region remained intact. It is close to the Mount Everest region.
The Barun Valley is part of a huge international protected zone under the agreement between the Governments of China and the Nepal, which consists of 2330 square kilometres of National Park and 830 square kilometres in the Nepal. This trek through the Makalu Barun National Park, takes you lowland Tumlingtar 460 m, one of the least popular of the Nepal areas, summits snow covering Base camp of Makalu 5000m who is the least visited by tourists as the extreme west of the Nepal.
The views of the South face of Makalu, Lhotse and Everest are a real treat.
|Book your trip|
Trek Barun Valley+Makalu Base Camp
25 days at the Nepal, 4 nights 3 stars hotel with breakfast at Kathmandu, 21 days of Trek
Trek accommodation : under autonomous tent/Camping, wilderness trek. Included BLD (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during the trek.
Best season : sep, oct, nov and march, april, may
Nepalese Team : guide Nepal Francophone/English guides assistants (Sherpa), Chief Cook, cooks assistants, porters…
Trek Permit : permits TIMS (Trekkers Information management System), permit Makalu conservation.
Level : Trek athlete, asked a good physical condition, the habit of walking in the mountains
Level of walking : 5h-7h daily.
Maximum altitude : Makalu Base Camp 5000m
Cultures : mixture of several ethnic groups, Rai, Limbu, Tamang, Sherpa, Magar, Bramin, Tibetans…
Views of mountains : Makalu, Chamlang Himal and Barun Valley…
Participants : from 2 to 12 persons
- Day 01 arrival in Kathmandu, home to the airport and transfer to the hotel 2 stars in Thamel. Included breakfast room with two beds, bathroom, hot water, tv.
- Day 02 Kathmandu Valley, visit three UNESCO heritage sites: Bhaktapur, Boudhanath and Pashupatinath by car / by tourist bus with cultural francophone Nepalese guide. Even hotel included with breakfast. (hotel, breakfast)
- Day 03 Kathmandu – Tumlingtar 45mn by fly BLD (Breakfast, Lunch, Diner)
- Day 04 Tumlingtar – Khandbari 1020m BLD
- Day 05 Khandbari – Chichila 1840m BLD
- Day 06 Chichila – Num 1500m BLD
- Day 07 Num – Sedua 1540m BLD
- Day 08 Sedua – Tashigaon 2070m BLD
- Day 09 Tashigaon – Khongma 3560m BLD
- Day 10 Khongma – Mumbuk 3550m BLD
- Day 11 Mumbuk – Yangle Kharka 3600m BLD
- Day 12 Yangle Kharka – Merek 4570m BLD
- Day 13 Merek – Shersong 4660m BLD
- Day 14 Makalu Base Camp 5000m BLD
- Day 15 Back to Yangle Kharka BLD
- Day 16 Mumbuk BLD
- Day 17 Khongma BLD
- Day 18 Tashigaon BLD
- Day 19 Num BLD
- Day 20 Chichila BLD
- Day 21 Mani Bhanjyang BLD
- Day 22 Tumlingtar BLD
- Day 23 Back to Kathmandu by fly 45m HB
- Day 24 Kathmandu day free HB
- Day 25 departure from the hotel by taxi or bus to airport.
Prices include :
– Hotel 4 nights with small breakfast in Kathmandu, Hotel 3 stars Marshyandi Mandala in Thamel in a tourist area.
– Kathmandu, visit Valley and the three sites classified UNESCO heritage: Bhaktapur, Boudhanath and Pashupatinath by car / by tourist bus with francophone Nepalese cultural guide.
– Trek permits and licences of TIMS (Trekkers Information Management System)
– accompaniment by a professional guide men francophone, guides, assistants and carriers.
– Meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner with drinks hot tea, coffee during the trek
– hosting in lodge/camping tent (two beds per tent) during the trek.
– All transportation: return to the scene of the trek and during the trek.
– Confirmation of the return flights.
Prices do not include :
– fee transfer on our bank account.
– Kathmandu-meals (except breakfast).
– Cold and during the stay and the trek alcoholic drinks (except tea or coffee for breakfast, lunch and diner).
– Input of monuments, cities and museums in Kathmandu as well as during the trek
– the Nepalese visa (40 $ in cash)
– your mountain trek and travel insurance.
– Your personal medication.